Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Super Genius or Beginners Luck?

I've heard of people potty training their kids young and some of them get it and some of them don't. Well mom tells me that my uncle Ron was potty trained by 1 (crazy!) . I thought I would give Hunter a shot at it and see if he just picks it up and if he doesn't well, we'll try again in a month or so. So a few times today I asked him if he needed to go potty and we would go to his little toilet (thanks to auntie gabe for the very cool soccer toilet) and sit on it. Alas nothing happened other than a few giggles. So before we took our shower tonight I put him on the toilet again with no luck. (Ususally he pees at least once when he's in the shower.) After 30 mins of playing in the tub he started acting like he was ready to get out so I figured, what the heck, and put him straight from the tub onto his potty. What did my ears hear less than 30 seconds after sitting on the toilet? (Insert some Grunting here). I couldn't believe my ears, he pooped in the potty. After some high fives and good jobs we were very proud we got to flush our little potty, to the sound effect provided by the toilet, GOOOOAAAALL!! Super Genius or Beginners Luck? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Go Hunter!! That soccer toilet sounds neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that would be cool if he picks up on it! glad you joined the blog world.

    ReplyDelete